March the 3rd, 2012, had started like any other Saturday for the police officer on duty in London's East End. But when two men, Tony and Danny McCluskie, and their friend Nicole stepped into the station, that evening instantly turned into one of those that the officers would never forget. As soon as Tony and Danny explained that nobody had seen their sister for two days, then mentioned her name, the officers knew this was not going to be a typical missing person's case. And yet, they never imagined how horrifying and shocking the investigation into Gemma McCluskie's disappearance would be.
If you are affected by any of the issue's featured in today's show, you can access a range of services below:
- National Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0808 2000 247 – www.nationaldahelpline.org.uk/ (run by Refuge)
- The Men’s Advice Line, for male domestic abuse survivors – 0808 801 0327 (run by Respect)
- The Mix, free information and support for under 25s in the UK – 0808 808 4994
- National LGBT+ Domestic Abuse Helpline – 0800 999 5428 (run by Galop)
- Samaritans (24/7 service) – 116 123
Where 2 friends sit back, celebrate the week that was and talk about nothing in particular